Research is used to create new knowledge and deals with a variety of problems, attitudes and opinions. With research an attempt is made to investigate why certain things happen, why people behave the way they do, the effects of the policies we make, just to name a few.
- an integrated approach to research
- an evidence based approach to marine safety initiatives
- a more robust approach to measurement, evaluation and risk management, and
- stronger national and international collaboration and information sharing of marine safety research.
NMSC’s research is implemented in three primary steps, or key research functions:
- establishing a research agenda (research planning)
- managing and overseeing individual research projects (project management)
- capturing, organizing, and delivery research results (knowledge management)
- analysing and writing up research results